Saturday, February 5, 2011

Shelly's Face Routine

Dear Miss (or Mister) "how do you apply your face make up?",

There are so many face routines out there. Everyone has their own method or preference. I am constantly changing mine according to what products I'm using or even how I'm feeling that day. I'll be sharing with you my daily face routine.

The first step I take is to wash my face using a cleanser. This will eliminate any oilyness I may have on my face. The next step I take is to apply face moisturizer. I use Shiseido Skincare Day Moisture Protection (Available HERE– Also available at Macy’s or at your local Shiseido Store). I love this moisturizer. I admit, it's a bit expensive but man I've had it for over a year and I still have a lot left over. Why? Because it only takes a dime size amount to completely moisturize my entire face. I stopped using this moisturizer at one point because my face was reacting to it in a not so pleasant way so I was trying other moisturizers like Ponds and Eucerin. They were pretty good but my face was still either too dry or too oily. I drifted back to my Shiseido Moisturizer and never turned back since.





So let's continue with the process to Shelly's Face Routine:


I use the NYX Green Concealer stick to cover up red spots. I then apply the NYX Concealer pot (medium) right on top of the green concealer, making sure to blend it into my skin a bit. FYI- I'm using my index finger.

BUY BOTH HERE - Both are also available on Ebay or check your local beauty supply store (however not all carry it).




With a MAC 187 brush, I stipple some of my Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse foundation (creamy natural). These two are like a match made in heaven. I find that a lot of people actually apply this foundation with a flat brush but I find that using a MAC 187 (or any stippling brush), it gives it a more smoother lighter finish. This is my second time using this foundation and I have to say, I really love it!




MAC 187

BUY HERE - Also available at the MAC Counter at Macys, Bloomingdales, ULTA or your local MAC store.

Cheaper Alternatives:

ELF Studio Stipple Brush

BUY HERE

Coastal Scents Destiny Duo Fiber Stippling Brush

BUY HERE


With an Essence of Beauty kabuki brush or another stippling brush, I apply my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder (Medium) to set my foundation. I focus mostly on my nose, chin and forehead--These are the areas that tend to get the most oily.





Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation

Maybelline Dream Matte Powder

Both are available at all drugstores (Rite Aid, Duane Reade, CVS, Walgreens)

With my Bare Escentuals brush, I apply my favorite bronzer, the NYC Color Wheel ("All-Over Bronze Glow"). I apply it to my temples down to the hallows of my cheek in a circular motion. I've got to say, Bare Escentuals brushes are awesome. I don't think they have ever shed once! Okay so the reason I love this bronzer so much is because it's light. It's not dark making it easy to build up the color how I'd like it.

Bare Escentuals Full Flawless Face Brush

BUY HERE

NYC Color Wheel is available in almost every drugstore.


With my other Bare Escentuals brush, I apply my NYC Color Wheel ("Peach Glow"). I apply it from my temple and blend it towards the apples of my cheeks. It's my way of blending the bronzer and blush together to soften up the color. With the same brush or a small round blush brush, I apply my Maybelline Mineral Power Illuminator (Nude) very lightly along the apples of my cheeks.

Bare Escentuals Flawless Application Brush

BUY HERE

The Final Step
After I apply my eyeshadow and such, I usually finalize everything by spraying a little big of MAC Fix+ onto my face.

BUY HERE – Also available at the MAC Counter at Macy's, Bloomingdales, ULTA or your local MAC store.

Cheaper Alternatives:

ELF Studio Make Up Mist & Set

BUY HERE

Evian Mineral Water Facial Spray

BUY HERE – Available at most drugstores (Rite Aid, Duane Reade, CVS, Walgreens)

So that's my regular face make up application process. The only thing that changes in this process is what products I use but I've been using the products mentioned above for quite awhile. If you have any questions, please write a comment below and I'll be happy to answer them. Hope you have a great week!

With Love,
Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment