Monday, August 8, 2011

Driving under the influence --- No bueno

I heard horrible news today. A cousin of mine that lives in NJ was killed by a drunk driver. She was on her way back home after dropping off a friend and was hit suddenly-- she died instantly. She was 24 years old and a mother of four (she had her fourth child about 3 months ago). This drunk driver left children without a mother, a mother without a daughter, a husband without a wife...

Please don't drink and drive. No matter how "tolerant" you may think you are, if you can't even walk a straight line, you shouldn't drive.

I spent the day trying to distract my mother from this tragedy. We finally started painting the kitchen. We just did the white portion and will do the light orange portion another day. I'm still in shock by what happened but man does this give me more reason to stick to public transportation.

R.I.P. Suamy Ortiz

No comments:

Post a Comment